So you are interested in self development and/or Life Coaching and you fancy having a crack at writing for A Daring Adventure. Well good for you!
At the time of writing I get about 50,000 unique visitors per month, so there is plenty of opportunity to get your name in front of a great many extra eager eyes and gather some lovely Google Juice into the bargain.
And you probably want to know what’s required for me to consider running your missive then?
Of course you do; it would be a shame to spend 19 hours comprising your list of ’10 Reasons Why Life Coaching Is A Pile Of Crap’, only for me to say I already wrote that. It may be wise to look at some of the guest posts I have run before and the ones that generated the most comments.
If you’re a Life Coach (and let’s face it, who isn’t these days?) that’s cool by me and I have no problems about linking to other Life Coach sites.
Currently I’m looking to run posts on:
- Controversial or unusual takes on self development or Life Coaching
- Business Coaching
- Executive Coaching
- Humorous posts on self development
- Social Psychology
However, I am very open to anything remotely connected to Life Coaching and/or self-development that really gets me, and more importantly my readers to think differently.
I assess each post as I get it and will do my best to advise within 72 hours whether I’ll run it. I do not hold slots open for people on the promise that they supply something by a deadline.
Here are the main criteria:
- Must have some relevance to Life Coaching, self-development, spirituality or wellness. Finance and business considered but it must be really good
- Minimum of 750 words (excluding bio) and a maximum of 2,500
- Posts to reflect a depth of knowledge on the topic
- Do NOT pitch me an idea for a post I want to read the finished article
- The post must be unique and not have been previously used elsewhere
- No list posts unless they are really funny or truly excellent
- No posts on GOAL SETTING, I’ve done it to death. The same goes for STRESS MANAGEMENT and values unless it is a really unique take.
- Controversial posts welcomed and it is not necessary to agree with me or my point of view
- The writer must supply a bio with a URL to where they would like it to link to
- The author must agree to get involved in the comments section and also with social marketing – not doing this could magically cause the links back to you to disappear
- Posts for consideration must be supplied in either Word, Pages, or Text format with no HTML embedded – do NOT send images
- Author agrees to accept minor editing and insertion of images and links including expanding/decreasing on the bio if necessary or relevant
- Feel free to swear away to your hearts content, but don’t be abusive to others!
All posts are run at my discretion and I turn down way more than I accept, so if I say no, please do not take it personally. It’s never personal, if I think my readers will like a post, why would I ever turn it down? That’s a rhetorical question by the way, because I wouldn’t.
The most common reasons I say no are the following:
- The post doesn’t offer anything I couldn’t do
- It lacks any real depth or substance
- The person hasn’t read my posting criteria – At least half the posts I get sent do this!
- It requires so much editing that I could write a post in the time it takes me to do edit it
I will do my best to meet any requirements you may have, but I cannot promise.
Posts can be sent to tim at a daring adventure dot com, but please don’t e-mail me asking if you can submit a post, just send the damn thing!