Both of them approached me and asked for my help and seeing as it’s always fun to work with other Life Coaches, I agreed.
Now however I am mentee free, so I thought rather than sitting around waiting for somebody to ask for my help, I’d offer it.
I had way, way, more people apply for this than I expected. So to help me narrow the field I have set up a short survey.
If you have already, or plan on leaving a comment to request the mentoring. Make sure you also fill in the questionnaire because I won’t be choosing anybody who hasn’t.
This is mentoring and not a free Life Coaching opportunity.
By that I mean, it will be on a much less formal and structured basis than if you were a Life Coaching client.
So much so that you may well find that half the time you speak with me I’m walking the dogs. If that doesn’t work for you, this offer won’t either.
However, that doesn’t mean we can’t do some Life Coaching as well, so don’t worry if you have other areas of your life that you’d like help with.
This offer is only open to people wanting to be or who already are, Life Coaches, or want to work in the self development industry in some way shape or form such as therapists.
Having said that, I’m not really interested in working with somebody who merely wants to be a problogger and never do client work.
What You Can Expect From Your Mentor
- Access once monthly (maybe more often if needed to begin with) via phone to talk to me about anything you like until December 31st 2012
- The ability to pick up the phone and call me any day between 10.00am and 7.00pm if you want help in an emergency or something that’s bugging you
- General Life Coaching if and when needed
- Help with Life Coaching techniques and refining your skills if needed
- Trouble shooting client problems – maybe even some roll playing
- Help with marketing as needed
- Somebody really pulling for you and part of your team
What I Expect From My Mentee
- Determination and a fierce desire to be successful and help others. If you are just in this business to make money, I don’t want to work with you, period.
- An open-minded approach and somebody who enjoys being challenged
- Somebody that likes to challenge others because I will welcome that
- A sense of humor and a playful attitude
- The ability to walk away when you think you’re good to go and let me help somebody else
- The promise that when you’re successful you do the same for another aspiring Life Coach
- I retain the right to end the relationship whenever I want if I think the fit is wrong, you’re not pulling your weight or we have achieved all we can together
- I won’t consider anybody that has been coaching for over three years. If you haven’t got your shit together in that time, I’m not sure I can help
- You’re going to have to be flexible because I’ll probably want to schedule a lot of our calls late morning EST
- You must have a blog or be about to start a blog and be prepared to post regularly
- You must be prepared to utilize social media
- You must really want to do this full-time. I’m not interested in working with people who want to be a Life Coach as a hobby
- You must be based in the US or Canada – No exceptions to this partly due to time zone issues, but more importantly, most of the time we talk I’ll be on my cell and won’t be taking overseas calls
How You Apply
Initially I was going to get people to e-mail me and tell me why I should chose them, but now I’m not.
To be successful in what has become a highly competitive industry, you have to be able to put yourself ‘out there’ or watch as other people do and take your clients.
Therefore you’re going to have to tell me in the comments what makes you a special snow flake and why I should be begging to work with you.
If you are too intimidated by the thought of doing that, then you’re quite possibly screwed anyway and the last thing I want to be doing is spending half our time together trying to talk you out of your shell.
Note: If you’re already a Life Coach who’s blogging and you write a post linking to this one, then that will definitely earn you extra Brownie Points.
The reason being, is I get an inbound link (which is always nice), but more importantly, you prove you’re the kind of person that likes to share information and isn’t afraid of competition.
I will close the comments on Monday 20th and presuming there’s at least one suitable candidate announce a winner soon after.
Any questions, observations, shows of support for a given candidate or funny jokes, please use the comments rather than e-mailing me.