I’m moving house at the end of next month and as such don’t want to take all my self development books with me because the vast majority I know I’ll never read again, they really only sit there to make me look intelligent.
I considered giving them to charity but as they are so targeted toward self development, Life Coaching, psychology and some marketing they may not be the types of books they could easily sell on.
So I thought why not give them to the people that support me and who are already into this kind of material by way of saying “thanks”?
I would have liked to have done something exclusively through my newsletter and/or blog, but that isn’t very practical. If I started sending out daily newsletters or blog posts I’d soon start irritating people.
Consequently, I’ve decided to give them away via the A Daring Adventure Facebook page, as this allows instant feedback and as such I shall be running almost daily competitions to win the books over the next 3 weeks.
I’ll always give at least 3 options each time with at least one title being an audio book and one a hard copy.
My first give away offered either the seminal book on Positive Psychology, ‘Flow’ by Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi OR the 5 disc audio book of ‘A Whole New Mind’ by Dan Pink so the person who could add the best caption to a picture of me jumping out of a plane.
But it won’t always be caption competition, sometimes it will be sharing quotes answering questions on self development or just making me laugh.
So what am I giving away you may be wondering?
Free Life Coaching & Self Development Books
- The Power of Story by Jim Loehr (signed (to me) by the author – hard copy)
- From Coach To Awakener by Robert Dilts (hard copy) – NLP Meets Life Coaching
- I Know What To Do, So Why Don’t I do It – Nick Hall (hard copy and a much underrated self development masterpiece imho)
- Big 5 For Life and The Why Cafe by John Strelecky (both audios and will be combined)
- First Things First and The 8th Habit by Stephen Covey (hard copy and cd combined)
- 50 Self Help Classics and 50 Psychology Classics by Tom Butler-Bowden (19 cd’s!!!)
- Free Prize Inside and All Marketeers Are Liars – both by Seth Godin (hard copies combined as one)
- The Passion Test by Janet & Chris Attwood (hard copy)
- How We Decide by Jonah Lehrer (hard copy and one of my favorites of all time)
- The Secrets of an Inspirational Life by Wayne Dyer ( 6 cd set)
- Made To Stick by Chip and Dan Heath (7 cd set)
- The Coaching Manual by Julie Starr (hard copy)
- Effortless Success by Michael Neill (6 cd set)
- The Wayne Dyer Collection (5 cds)
- The Power of Self Coaching by Joseph Luciani (4 cd set)
- Awaken Your Strongest Self – Neil Fiore (4 cd set)
- Get The Life You Want – Richard Bandler (hard copy) – Practical uses of NLP
- Bringing The Dharma Home – Jack Kornfield
- Spiral Dynamics – Beck & Cowan (hard copy and hardcore coaching book, not for the casual reader)
- When Things Fall Apart – Pema Chodron (hard copy)
- Success Intelligence – Robert Holden (6 cd’s)
I don’t have thousands of followers on Facebook, so if you fancy any of the above then keep an eye on Facebook because there’s a good chance it will be yours free of charge.
BTW, if you didn’t already realize I give most of my own ebooks away for free and you can grab them by clicking here.
- You have to have liked my Facebook page because I really do want these to go to people who have kindly supported me.
- You are responsible for contacting me with your book choice and address within 72 hours if I announce you as a winner
- You don’t have to be in the US to join in and if I think the best response is from somebody overseas I will offer them a copy of Aligning With Your Core Values which retails at $45
- However, you will have to be in the US (not Canada, sorry) to win any of the above books/cd’s because I want to use media mail otherwise it’ll cost me a fortune
- I reserve the right to withdraw or add any books to the above list
- Be patient because rather than multiple trips to the Post Office, I may send them all in one go at the end of the contests.
- Not a rule per se, but I’d love any help spreading the word on Facebook if you know people who might get a kick out of this.
And finally if you’re not sure of the titles above check them out on Amazon, but needless to say I am not giving away books I hate, in fact some of the more mediocre books I have have been deliberately left off the list.
See you on Facebook!